The student run newspaper of Poolesville High School

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

Sports Week Recap

Varsity

• 9/7 Boys soccer Brunswick 2 – Falcons 1
      • Heartbreaking loss from the Falcons, trailing in the first half 1-0. Second half Brunswick soccer scored a goal furthering their lead. The game was now 2-0 but the Boys weren’t going down without a fight, they capitalized on a penalty scored by Nico Martinez. 
  • 9/7 Girls soccer Falcons 2 – Brunswick 1
      • Girls soccer had a nice bounce back win against Brunswick after a tough game against Wootton. The whole game was a hard fought battle for the Falcons, as they took Brunswick to overtime, at 1-1. Breanna Salovich assisted both Alex Sosna in the 1st half, and Morgen Smith in overtime. 
  • 9/5 Boys soccer Falcons 2 – Wootton 1
      • Boys soccer clinched in the final minutes of the game. Tied 1-1, One penalty, one ball, one chance, Theo Chisala was able to take it upon himself to put the boys ahead and win the game. 
  • 9/5 Girls soccer Falcons 0 – Wootton 2
      • While the girls soccer team played a very complete game, the outcome was determined by just 2 fastbreak goals by the Patriots in which the Falcons weren’t able to respond.  The competition was stiff and both teams played very well, but the Falcons came up just short in multiple scoring opportunities.
  • 9/5 Girls volleyball Falcons 0 – QO 3
      • Girls volleyball had a tough time going over to Quince Orchard on Tuesday. Losing 3 – 0 in the final sets. 
  • 9/1 Football Falcons 0 – Wootton 24
    • The football team suffered a harsh defeat in the season opener at the hands of Wootton. The Falcons had a tough 1st game, as not everyone on the team was used to the varsity style. Falcon Football is now looking forward to a hopefully, bounce back game against Walkersville. 

Jv 

• 9/5 Girls volleyball Falcons 0 – QO 2
      • JV Girls volleyball was also unable to beat Quince Orchard on Tuesday, just as varsity wasn’t. Both JV and Varsity are looking for a bounce back win tonight at 6:30.
  • 9/5 Girls soccer Falcons 0 – Wootton 7
      • The Girls JV had a tough opener against Wootton, as the Patriots beat both the JV and Varsity teams. 
  • 9/7 Girls soccer Falcons 0 – Brunswick 0
      • Although they didn’t win, the girl’s JV soccer team had a bounce back game, not allowing any goals. The little wins are what set up big wins going deeper into the season. 
  • 9/7 Boys soccer Falcons 5 – Brunswick 1
      • In a huge win against Brunswick JV, the Falcons scored 5(!) goals in a great game for the team’s momentum as they look to go on a midseason run.
  • 9/5 Boys soccer Falcons 2 – Wootton 3
      •  JV Boys soccer wasn’t able to pass Wootton in a 3-2 thrilling loss. A nice season opener for the JV Boys, even though it was a loss, it sets up a nice start to what could be a great season for the JV Boys soccer team. 
  • 9/1 Football Falcons 7 – Wootton 18
    • JV Football also was unable to get a win against Wootton.  Although they did score a touchdown, they weren’t able to hold it down on the defensive end and were overmatched.