The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

Poolesville Football Players to Look out for 2023-2024

Poolesville take on Wootton in their first game this season. Image from Poolesville Athletics Instagram page.

After beating Wootton 23-8 in their second game last season, the Poolesville Football team is looking to have a similar result in their opening game, but this team looks a bit different than the one that started 6-0 last year. The departure of the Class of 2023 created many immediate holes including needing replacements at both the QB and RB positions, slots that Ashton Gaddis and Evan Taylor brought much success to last season.  With the addition of new Head Coach Brian Tupa as well as the numerous first-time starters the full potential of this team is unknown, but it’s sure to be an exciting ride no matter what happens.  The young Falcons have a chance to make a statement tonight and a big win in Week 1 could set the momentum for the season ahead. Down bellow is a list of players you should look out for tonight and the rest of the season. 

Aidan Kang #16, Q: In his brief time manning the QB position last year, Kang showed flashes of explosiveness that would electrify both the offense and the poolesville fans.  While the Falcon’s previous Quarterback used his size to barrel through opposing defenses, Kang’s speed and quick decision-making can be a nightmare to defend.

Terrel Luster #62 DL/ OL: The new and highly anticipated defensive and offensive lineman, Terrel Luster, is attempting to bring a new energy to the Falcons. Although we have yet to see Luster in-game, we can imagine he will be a menacing force, with his 6’3 250 pound frame. All the students in the Falcons Nest will be looking forward to his domination.

Tyler Shefter #8, RB/DE: With his own cheer, senior, Tyler Shefter has been a fan favorite for his many years on the team. He’s an extreme unit on the field, with an insanely versatile skill set. He’s rostered to play RB and DE but has a history of throwing and kicking the ball as well. The limits are endless for Shefter, and Poolesville is excited to see what he’ll bring to the table this year. 

Seth LeMarr #52, LB/OT: Lemarr, being a returning varsity starter, is looking to continue his domination from last year in the middle of the field on defense. Lemarr being the heart and center of the defense should bring the energy that the Falcons need to put them over the edge this year. Lemarr also plans to continue his past superiority on the offensive line being a 6’3 215 pound monster.

Leo Szego #3, TE/DE: Being his first year on the team, senior Leo Szego’s potential is unknown. He’s listed as a TE/DE and could make some big plays on both sides of the ball. Poolesville is hoping he can make a large impact at some key spots on the field, and how 1st year HC Brian Tupa uses him will be a prime storyline to watch as the season progresses.

Jack Stokes #11, K: In his first year on varsity, kicker Jack Stokes looked to make a huge impact with his huge leg. Stokes has been rumored to make 45-yard field goals during practice, and bringing consistency and power to the kicking game would elevate the Special Teams unit to a new level.