The boys are back: boys lacrosse returns with a winning record

Boys lacrosse goes from not winning a single game last season to beating their opponents by 10 goals or more this season. The team consists of 23 boys, who are coached by Head Coach Stuart Orns. The team is led by their senior captains Adam Barkdoll, Michael Sofelkanik, and Logan Marsh. The team won 9 games this season averaging 11 goals per game. The team’s record is 9-4 compared to the 2020-2021 spring season when the team went 0-11. 

“As Coach says ‘Short memory.’ At the beginning of the season I’d say most of us, if not all of us, put last season behind us and just focused on what we could control at this point,” said Senior Aidan Dacanay.

The team started their season off strong with a six game win streak. They redeemed themselves by beating Northwest High School 13-3 this season after losing to them 15-7 last year. The boys had a good game against Damascus High School beating them 11-6 and they came up big against Clarksburg High School beating them 13-1. Their first loss of the season was to Churchill High School but that didn’t stop them. Their next game was against Magruder High School where they had their first shutout of the season, beating them 12-0. The boys were also able to pull off a big win against Montgomery Blair High School in overtime winning 6-5. Out of their nine wins, seven of them they won by 10 or more goals. 

“Everyone put in a ton of work on and off the field and it was apparent in their playing.” said Senior Team Manager Seneca Feys

The boys season ended on May 13 when they lost in the Class 2A West Region II semifinal against Oakdale HS. Even though they lost in the first round of playoffs, the boys were still able to overcome the past and end with a winning record of 9-4.