The student run newspaper of Poolesville High School

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

Annual Macy’s Parade

istock image

The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City becomes a focal point of festive anticipation. Originating in 1924 as a means to usher in the holiday shopping season, the parade has since evolved into a multifaceted event, marked by giant balloons, live performances, and a sense of community.

This year, the parade will be held on Thursday, Nov 23, 2023, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. It offers a diverse range of entertainment, from Broadway performances to musical acts and celebrity appearances. This year there are a few new additions to the parade which include seven balloons, six floats, and one clown crew. In total, the parade will consist of 25 balloons, six balloonicles, 31 floats, 11 marching bands, 18 performers, 29 clown crews, and seven performance groups. 

There are 2.5 miles of public viewing along the NYC route this year. The parade will begin with a performance by John Batiste at 8:30 AM, half an hour earlier than usual, according to Boston 25 News, followed by performers like Cher, ENHYPEN, Pentatonix, and more.

For those who can’t watch the parade in person, the parade can be viewed from home on various streaming platforms such as NBC, Telemundo, and Peacock.