The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

Poolesville Students Join Clarksburg Marching Band

Alexandria Kijewski

Poolesville High School’s musical program varies, from Guitar to Band, or Chorus to AP Music Theory. Despite the variety, some music students from PHS have been eager to join another band, a marching band. Unfortunately, PHS does not have its marching band; instead, some students have elected to join another school’s marching band. 

Clarksburg invites students from different schools to join their marching band ranks. The institution casts a large net over students wanting to march to the music. Poolesville is a 30-minute drive away from Clarksburg.

“I love the community that it brings. I love to connect with my friends at Clarksburg,” said Global Sophomore Clara Becker when asked about what motivates her to make the trip to Clarksburg.

The outsourced marching band is a great way to meet new people, widening the social circles of the students who attend. Student’s musical ability has also been reported to improve. Though the commute is longer than most, it allows for a great way for students to handle their priorities with school.

However, some students do wish for a marching band at Poolesville High School, saying that it would be a great way to build community. Unfortunately, due to funding and budget constraints, PHS remains marching band-less. 

“I like working with people around me, and they’re also really cool,” said Humanities Sophomore Michelle Lau.