The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

New Wings Spread within the Falcons

New Wings Spread within the Falcons
Brooklyn Hornyak

Starting at Point Guard, Alexavier Saunders begins his debut season starting in all four games so far. Averaging 11.2 points per game, 2.5 rebounds, 1 steal, and shooting 31% in field goals. Being a junior, Saunders is currently the second top scorer under Jackson Hartke with his stats being 14 points per game. 

“Alexavier is merging into Poolesville very well. We treat him with the same respect that everyone else on the team receives as well. It’s almost as if he has been here for years now,” said senior captain Carson Smith. 

Reflecting back onto the last season, Falcons have beaten teams such as Quince Orchard, but have lost to them this season by a total of 14 points while last season they won by 2 points. 

Saunders wasn’t the only new member to enter the falcons, Coach Steven Watson from Clarksburg has also shared his fair share of impact within Falcons basketball. 

“Coach Watson is an excellent coach. In all my years of basketball he is definitely one of the smartest coaches I have had the pleasure to play under. He is quick to adjust game plans and realize things on the floor before anyone else,” said Smith. 

Watson being an assistant coach for two years helped lead the Falcons to their 10-13 season last year which was one of the best records that Poolesville has had in the last four years.