The student run newspaper of Poolesville High School

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

The Poolesville Pulse

Markoff’s Haunted Forest Launches New Attraction

105 Views

As Halloween rapidly approaches, a decades-old Maryland fall tradition returns. The reopening of Markoff’s Haunted Forest, on Friday, September 29th marked the opening night, where the “Fright Night” tradition will continue every weekend until the start of November.

Markoffs is known for its Haunted Forest and has gained national recognition over the years for its intersection of spooky fun and frightening scares. Visitors can go into multiple attractions including: The Town, Markoff’s Midway, and the new attraction, See No Evil. The Town is a wagon ride that takes you through a simulated town, where actors emulate zombies who live in Onslaught Mills. The Midway, where admission is free, is surrounded by bonfires and fun music played by a live DJ at all times. On special nights, Markoff’s hosts live music, dance groups, and fire spinners. 

This year, a new attraction is coming to Markoff’s: “See No Evil” is a corn maze where visitors go through the attraction blindfolded.

Entry to the forest ranges between $30 to $50, depending on which attractions you choose to visit.