PHS Global Freshman Presents at Climate Youth Town Hall

Student+Brianna+Akuamoah-Boateng+presents+at+Montgomery+County+Climate+Youth+Town+Hall.+

Student Brianna Akuamoah-Boateng presents at Montgomery County Climate Youth Town Hall.

On Thursday, February 11th, PHS Global 9th grader Brianna Akuamoah-Boateng presented at the Montgomery County Climate Youth Town Hall. The event, organized by the County Executive, Montgomery College, and MCPS, was held to discuss Montgomery County’s Climate Action Plan (CAP), an initiative launched by County Executive Marc Elrich in December of 2020 to lower greenhouse gas emissions to zero by 2035. Akuamoah-Boateng was a featured panelist at the event, where she and fellow students discussed how the plan would impact education in the county. Curriculum, sustainable habits, and hands-on opportunities will all be reimagined by the CAP to take environmental protection into their own hands. Akuamoah-Boateng was accompanied by students Tanirika Choudhry, Liam Sheeran, and Sophia Liang, as well as Global teachers Ms. Clowe and Mr. Sparrow

More Town Halls are planned for the coming days, and the county is collecting artwork to be featured in CAP on topics including climate justice and racial equity, the emergency of climate change, and vision for the future.