Talent Show Gives Skilled Students a Chance to Shine

The talent show took Poolesville by storm! Attracting many young students, auditions took place on Nov. 4th and 5th. Students auditions included from singing, dancing, and many more impressive acts. The junior class SGA members and SGA class-sponsor Mrs. Jennifer Brennan attended the auditions, deciding who would make the cut or not. “The participants are very talented this year, it was awesome to watch them perform” says Mrs. Brennan. 

This was Mrs. Brennan’s first year organizing the talent show,“Personally, my favorite part of organizing the talent show is witnessing the great amount of talent that Poolesville has, it’s uplifting and inspiring to see what people can do.”

Students throughout the school were also excited at the opportunity to witness their peers perform. “I can’t wait to watch my friends show their skills off!” says senior Islah Abdulmalek. 

Tickets were sold for 10 dollars each by Mrs. Hicks and the junior class SGA one day before the talent show. 

The backstage group, including Junior Max Vodra, Senior Lizzie Phelps, Junior Marvin Kipchumba, Junior Carolyn Levine, Junior Eva Kung-bi, Junior Evie Scott, and Junior Victoria Robinson, worked to make sure props, lights, and sound were executed as per the performers’ requests. Junior class President Sam Kim took the post as master of ceremonies and entertained the audience in between acts, along with other members of the junior class SGA. Staff Infection did not perform due to not having enough time to prepare.

As the talent show began, a large number of acts took the stage. The acts were all related to music, including singers, dancers, and even a blind piano playing. Staff Infection, the annual staff performance, was not featured this year. Even with the great amount of acts, only one act could win the competition. . The band Level Headed, made up of members Cole Taylor, Brad Blairford, Tom Stoughton, Josh Weidnhofer, Joe Esser,and Matthew Ashley won first place and had the crowd on its feet. “They were beyond amazing,”  said sophomore Filip Lukomski. 

Second place went to junior Darshini Babu Ganesh with a traditional Indian dance and third place went to senior Alison Wang for her singing.