Veteran Midnight Players director resigns

Ever since the fall of 2014, the Midnight Players, PHS’s drama club, was directed by Nathaniel Gordon. However, Gordon has decided not to be a part of the Midnight Players for this year’s spring musical, causing a new director to take control. Although he is not directing, Gordon will still be helping to choreograph the show and will be an active member of the Midnight Players.
The new director, Shelly Horn, has been focused on nonprofit fundraising organizations for most of her career and has always been directing on the side. However, a few years ago, she made the decision to get involved in theatre more. Currently, she has multiple part-time jobs, many of which are theatre-oriented. Other than the Midnight Players, Horn is also a director for the Fun and Fancy group at Leisureworld and the house manager at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre.
John Foster, a junior in Global Ecology, is helping to choreograph the show and has expressed that he is “excited to work with Shelly. Of course I will miss Nathaniel, but I also look forward to working with Shelly as she is very experienced in drama production and would be a big help to our team.”
New director, Horn, has chosen to come to PHS because she is “very fond of the area.” Horn has also stated that “I know that the Poolesville High School Midnight Players have a good reputation in the county and I want to be a part of it! I have been directing theatre for many years and I wanted to share that expertise with students. Everyone has been very welcoming and kind and I am quickly getting up to speed. We have a truly wonderful group of actors, orchestra and teach crew who are working hard.”
The Midnight Player’s will be showcasing their spring musical, Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor DreamCoat, from April 19-21.
Gordon has chosen not to comment regarding his absence in the spring musical.