Eagles upset former champions Patriots for Super Bowl LII title

On Sunday, February 4th, 2018, the Philadelphia Eagles cemented their name in American football history by winning their first ever Super Bowl Title at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with 103.4 million people watching. Kicking off the game was Pink, who performed “The Star Spangled Banner”, who was also joined by Leslie Odom Jr., who sang “America the Beautiful”.
Following a honorary coin toss by veteran Hershel W. Williams, the New England Patriots decided to kick off to the Eagles. The first points of the game came from a 25-yard field goal, by placekicker Jake Elliott, allowing the Eagles to start off in the lead 3-0. After a tense first half the Eagles were leading, the score at 22-12 with three touchdowns and a field goal by the Eagles and one touchdown and two field goals by the Patriots.
This year’s Pepsi halftime show was headlined by Justin Timberlake, along with his band “The Tennessee Kids” and featuring University of Minnesota Marching Band; his song list consisted of his hits such as “Can’t Stop the Feeling” and “Mirrors”. In addition, Timberlake also paid tribute to the late Prince, projecting a video of Prince onto a purple screen.
Directly after, the Eagles kicked off to the Patriots. Soon, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski scored a 5-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Tom Brady. However, the Eagles would respond with their own 22-yard touchdown by running back Corey Clement and quarterback Nick Foles; both teams would continue to trade points with the score coming as close as 32 Eagles-33 Patriots in the 4th quarter. However, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz and Foles scored another touchdown, as well as Elliott scoring a 46-yard field goal. In a last ditch attempt for a touchdown and a two point conversion to win, Brady threw a hail mary pass to Gronkowski to no avail. The final score would result in the Eagles victory, 41-33, allowing them to win their first Vince Lombardi Trophy, as well as their first league championship since 1960. Afterwards when asked about their victory at a NFL Network interview, MVP Nick Foles said, “You’re just blessed in this moment. We’re humbled in this moment, and I’m grateful.”. The Philadelphia Eagles will return on September 6th, 2018 to host and kick off the 99th season of the NFL.